PCTRS is an exciting competition that encourages the creation of photography and art that helps promote social awareness. The contest begins with teams submitting an image to be displayed online, where they will subsequently be encouraging others to support their submission through monetary donations. Eventually, the top five submissions will be reviewed by our judges, who will choose the recipient of the grand prize.
- All are encouraged to participate, no matter what shape, size, race, gender, orientation, or affiliation. If participants are younger than 18 years of age, however, they must indicate on their submission form that they have parental/guardian permission to be involved.
- A theme will be chosen annually. Submissions must include a description of how the image relates to the theme.
- Images may not include nudity – if perceived as inappropriate or offensive, they will automatically be deleted from the competition.
- Images may not show any brands – if any labels are noticeable on clothing or accessories, the image will automatically be deleted from the competition. Brands created by the team, however, are acceptable.
- Only one image may be submitted (collages not permitted).
- As long as the above requirements are met, run free with your creativity and have some fun! Please note: Our selection committee will pick our top submissions to be displayed on the website (depending on the number of submissions we may not be able to show everyone).
This year’s theme is To Change the World Enough by Alice Walker!
Cheo Hodari Coker is a producer and writer best known for ‘Notorious,’ ‘Southland’ and ‘NCIS: Los Angeles.’ Cheo is currently the executive producer and showrunner of “Marvel’s Luke Cage” for Netflix.
Compton Mayor Aja Brown made history as the City’s youngest elected mayor at the age of 31. A national trailblazer, Mayor Brown’s ‘New Vision for Compton’ is a revitalization strategy centered on 12 key principles that focus on family values, quality of life, economic development, and infrastructural growth.
Aeriél Miranda is an American actress. She is best known for her recurring role as Shana Fring on the ABC Family series ‘Pretty Little Liars.’ She was recently in the movie ‘Straight Outta Compton.’